Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a good justification to round off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I have to claim– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always examine individuals that claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking activity is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t promptly notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will try out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as initiative saved since you will not require to consistently go to PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and also examining on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can also get fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?