Who Sells Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and far better total health for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine pet protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous canines that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to claim– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, improved power and– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort saved because you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog excellent grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?