Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as better general wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that several pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to claim– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question people that declare that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to start using extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, boosted power and– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not immediately discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also initiative conserved considering that you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?