Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also much better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of real animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that many pet dogs that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people that claim that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to observing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not immediately discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort conserved given that you won’t require to frequently visit PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at least experimenting and trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog terrific grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting as well as reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?