Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the number one component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to claim– truly, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people who assert that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin utilizing more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and effort saved since you won’t need to frequently go to PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant cash money over time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least exploring and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and examining for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?