Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of actual animal healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– actually, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, boosted energy and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any type of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t promptly see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and damaging much even more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort saved since you will not require to regularly go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, owners of canines who are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining and also trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally obtain fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?