Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and also better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that several pets that have actually previously suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine folks who assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative conserved since you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying and also assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?