Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– truly, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question people that claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to start utilizing extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted power and– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any type of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and also licking . I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching much even more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also effort saved because you won’t need to regularly check out PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can also imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe cash over time and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying and also examining on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?