Where Is Ollie Dog Food Made
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual animal protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that many pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks that declare that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will experiment with other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not require to consistently go to PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money gradually and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some wellness problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, owners of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth evaluating as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?