Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and also far better total wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that several canines that have formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– truly, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin using extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness observing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I notice any kind of type of change in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and scraping far more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and effort conserved since you won’t require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise mean less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?