Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and also far better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually previously endured some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to begin using extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his damaging and licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and also effort conserved given that you will not require to regularly see PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally mean less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog wonderful grub, definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and also assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally get fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?