Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also much better total wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of real pet healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to state– actually, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itching.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and scratching a lot even more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort conserved given that you won’t require to frequently visit PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?