Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also much better general health for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does seem that many pet dogs that have previously endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– really, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply decided to start using more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any kind of sort of change in Remy? I did see a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also effort saved since you won’t require to consistently see PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise suggest less trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash money over time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some health problems and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of problem toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?