Where Can You Buy Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, as well as far better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does appear that lots of pets that have actually previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– truly, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people that assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power and– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any kind of type of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not immediately observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative conserved given that you will not require to frequently see PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious money with time and possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + may relieve some health and wellness concerns and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require careful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth examining as well as attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not forget, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?