What Stores Carry Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual pet protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to claim– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to begin making use of much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indications of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t instantly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and also scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort saved because you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash in time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog great grub, absolutely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth evaluating and attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not forget, you can additionally get superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?