Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better total wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine animal protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous canines that have actually previously experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the leading component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to say– actually, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question people that declare that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have born witness observing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not quickly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort saved because you will not require to regularly visit PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving significant money with time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems and also allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not forget, you can also obtain fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?