What Is The Cost Of Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and also better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that many canines that have actually formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– really, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more without any progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine individuals who assert that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin making use of much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can likewise mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious money in time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some health and wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog fantastic grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining and attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?