What Is The Best Way To Order Ollie Dog Food To Save Money On A Small Dog?
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better total health for their dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the leading component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to state– actually, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people that assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to begin making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond several pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative saved since you won’t need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash money with time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need mindful managing like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog excellent grub, absolutely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, owners of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth examining as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?