Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and much better total health for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of canines that have previously endured some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to state– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question people who assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have born witness observing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t require to consistently check out PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash with time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying as well as assessing for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of amazing changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise get superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?