Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and far better total wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pets that have formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– actually, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question individuals that declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start making use of much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not promptly see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth thinking about several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort saved since you will not need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash money with time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of problem toys
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any dog, owners of canines that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can also obtain fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?