What Ingrediets Are In Ollies Dog Food
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of real pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that lots of canines that have formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness observing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves thinking about several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe money gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting and also assessing for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not neglect, you can likewise get great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?