Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and also better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that several dogs that have actually previously endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to state– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional with no steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always question individuals who assert that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just decided to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and effort conserved considering that you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could likewise indicate less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash over time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of a minimum of attempting and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog wonderful grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t forget, you can additionally get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?