Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also far better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous canines that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a good reason to round off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– truly, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks that claim that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I discover any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less stinky– all general indications of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and also scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t need to routinely check out PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major money over time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least experimenting and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog terrific grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?