Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as better general health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually formerly experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– actually, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine folks that assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever gained any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I discover any kind of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and scratching much even more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative saved considering that you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious money in time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may ease some health issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth reviewing as well as attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?