Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have formerly endured some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a good justification to round off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to claim– actually, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question people that assert that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his damaging as well as licking . I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scraping much even more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and initiative conserved given that you won’t need to routinely see PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise mean less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash with time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness concerns and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?