Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also better overall health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual animal protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have actually previously endured some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine folks that claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was at first a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and scraping . I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it deserves considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and effort conserved because you won’t need to regularly check out PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving major money gradually as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting as well as examining on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?