Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and much better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question people that claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not immediately notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it deserves considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort saved since you won’t require to routinely see PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe money gradually as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth reviewing and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not forget, you can also get great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?