Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and also much better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that many dogs that have formerly experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– actually, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question individuals that declare that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have born witness observing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as initiative saved since you will not require to frequently go to PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money gradually and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some health issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?