Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and better total health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of actual animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have formerly suffered some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative conserved given that you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally mean less trips to the vet’s office, saving severe cash with time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the idea of a minimum of trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some health concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth reviewing and trying on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise get great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?