Reviews On My Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of actual pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have actually formerly suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– truly, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question individuals who claim that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was initially a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I observe any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and also licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will explore other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and effort conserved because you will not require to frequently visit PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash over time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, absolutely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get great discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?