Reviews Of Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have previously suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a good excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to say– actually, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional with no steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scratching as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort saved because you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe money in time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health problems and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can likewise obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?