Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also far better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of actual animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that numerous pets that have actually formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– really, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted power and also– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly explore other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort saved considering that you will not need to regularly go to PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also imply fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and also examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also get wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?