Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and also better general wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have actually formerly endured some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the top component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals who claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was at first a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have testified to observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much even more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort conserved since you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe money over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog great grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth trying as well as examining on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise obtain wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?