Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and far better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have previously endured some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a great justification to round off the gelato), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals who claim that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to start utilizing extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any type of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative conserved because you will not require to frequently go to PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash money in time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing and also trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can likewise obtain wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?