Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have actually formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I need to claim– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was initially a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have born witness noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot even more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also initiative conserved considering that you won’t need to frequently go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and assessing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?