Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that many dogs that have previously endured some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to claim– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more with no progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always question people that assert that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
However– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also initiative saved since you will not need to regularly go to PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash over time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some wellness concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog fantastic grub, absolutely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, proprietors of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and also reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?