Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as much better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that many canines that have previously suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine individuals that assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to start using much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have born witness noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not promptly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping as well as licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative conserved because you will not need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash money with time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as examining on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not fail to remember, you can additionally get great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?