Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, as well as better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of real animal protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that numerous canines that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– actually, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply decided to start utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and scratching . I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also initiative saved since you will not need to frequently see PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise suggest fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash in time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some wellness problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?