Problems With Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that many pets that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the number one component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks that declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and initiative conserved since you will not need to frequently visit PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major money gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t forget, you can also get fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?