Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that lots of pets that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that declare that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I observe any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general signs of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and effort conserved since you won’t need to routinely check out PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe cash in time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, owners of pets who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, and it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?