Price Of Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and much better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does appear that several pets that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty components.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine people who claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet as well as sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all general indications of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and also scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching much even more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might likewise imply fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and also assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?