Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, and far better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that several pets that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– actually, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who assert that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, improved power and– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and licking . I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort saved given that you will not need to regularly visit PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major money gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting as well as examining for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t neglect, you can also get wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?