Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual pet protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always examine folks who claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have testified to observing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I observe any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and initiative saved since you won’t need to routinely visit PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash in time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the idea of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some wellness issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog excellent grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, owners of pets who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting as well as examining for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not forget, you can likewise obtain amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?