Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that several dogs that have actually formerly experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals that declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I see any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort conserved because you will not need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing as well as attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not forget, you can additionally get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?