Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better total health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually previously suffered some stomach concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– really, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine individuals that assert that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start making use of more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually born witness observing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not promptly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort conserved considering that you won’t need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise indicate fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money gradually and potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog great grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally obtain wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?