Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, as well as much better total health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that lots of canines that have actually previously endured some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– really, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals that assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indications of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as effort conserved since you will not require to routinely visit PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash over time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some health concerns as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, owners of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and reviewing on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?