Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also much better general health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual animal protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the number one component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to state– actually, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just decided to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and also– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will trying out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort saved because you will not require to frequently see PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe money over time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?