Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that many canines that have actually formerly suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine people that declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t quickly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging far more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not need to consistently go to PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major money over time and possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at least trying and exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise obtain great discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?