Ollie’s Pet Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and also far better general health for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that lots of canines that have actually formerly endured some belly problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks who declare that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to start using a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any type of type of modification in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also initiative conserved because you will not require to routinely check out PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant money with time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some health concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely give Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, owners of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth examining and also trying on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can likewise get superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?