Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better total health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of genuine pet protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that many pet dogs that have previously endured some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks that claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin using extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually demonstrated observing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs value.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort conserved considering that you will not require to regularly go to PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving serious money in time and potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth examining and trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?